Thursday, December 6, 2012

Finally, an update!

Hi everyone! So sorry I haven't updated in a couple of weeks! The holidays are in full swing, and things are just a little chaotic at this time of year, even without considering everything going on in our lives right now.  There was a time when women went into seclusion for the last half of pregnancy.  That doesn't seem like such a bad idea at the moment.  I do not have the energy or the holiday spirit to keep up with all the various social events and other obligations we have going right now, and yet we're just as caught up in the holiday whirl as any of the rest of you crazy people!  I suppose it's probably fun and that's why we do it, right?

We had an appointment in Colorado Springs and saw the fetal cardiologist.  He confirmed what he suspected at our last appointment with him, which is that the baby's heart block is a 2nd degree block instead of a complete block, which is how he diagnosed it at first.  A 2nd degree block is not as bad, and as long as that heart rate stays in the "safe zone" he's pretty optimistic about the baby's chances for a fairly normal start to life.  A pacemaker is still likely at some point down the road. 

It looks like we're going to be making weekly trips to Colorado Springs until this baby comes (probably only about 6 weeks from now!)  Of course that means more expenses for gas, etc., and more juggling schedules to get Katelyn to and from where she needs to be, around all these appointments.  Just a few more things to add to the chaos of the Christmas season, no big deal!  Also, I don't like the doctors in Colorado Springs as well as I like my doctor here in Pueblo, which is something of an additional strain on me.  I've struggled with my attitude, particularly regarding food, as I munch on celery and hummus instead of the massive piece of chocolate cake and the Chick-fil-A Peppermint Chip milkshake that I really want.  So if I've been crabby and snapped at any of you, I apologize and I hope you'll forgive both past and future occurrences. 

Please continue to pray for our baby's health, our sanity, and our finances.  Know that we are still so thankful for all the prayers and love that have been poured out on us already.  We are looking forward to a few weeks from now, when we get to hold this sweet blessing from God in our arms!

1 comment:

China Outreach Ministries-CSU-Pueblo said...

Thank God for some good news in your update! We are also looking forward to holding that little one and seeing you all again soon.
Love,
Mom