Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!

I know, Christmas is over and done with and all that, but I do want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Or Happy Holidays. Or something like that.

We had a really lovely Christmas. My Mom and Dad came up from New Mexico, and we had our "traditional" Duke Christmas Eve dinner: Green chile stew, tortillas, tamales, chips and salsa, and rice and beans.  Yummy.  And definitely over my carb limit.  Our Christmas dinner was much more diabetic-friendly, with a lovely beef rib roast, cranberry-pear salad, green bean casserole, and yummy little cream cheese and bacon-filled crescent rolls.  I spent a lot of time in the kitchen and wore myself out pretty well, but I love cooking so I was happy.

Katelyn made out like a bandit on Christmas morning.  She was very blessed with many gifts from many people, and she spent most of the day playing with all the Play-doh, Duplos, sticker books, and other goodies that she received.  Perhaps her favorite was her new Rapunzel doll, "Blondie," which was the last thing she was playing with at the end of the day, and the first thing she hunted for this morning.

Our white Christmas was pretty, while it lasted.  We got a little dusting of snow that had melted by the end of the day, despite the fact that the temperature never rose much above 20 degrees.  It was nice to stay warm inside and enjoy everyone's company.

Katelyn loves everything about Christmas.  She loves the lights, the trees, Santa, reindeer, and especially the baby Jesus.  I love watching her innocent delight in the season.  I've always loved Christmas, too.  This year, I especially love the opportunity to be with those we love and give gifts in honor of the gift that God gave the world: the Savior, Christ the Lord.

We had an appointment today and everything is still okay with Dukeling2.  We're counting down the time until we get to meet our new little one in just a few weeks.  Thank you for all the continued prayers!

1 comment:

The Moores said...

I saw this link on your Facebook and just wanted to say congratulations! It is funny, because the other day for some reason I thought of you and thought: Katelyn is getting a little older, I bet Allison will be pregnant soon! Ha. Hope all is going well!